Visitor Visa Lawyer

Do you want to make a temporary visit to the United States?

Every year millions of people visit the United States on a temporary basis. People want to come to the U.S. for many different reasons on a limited basis. Sometimes people have temporary employment or work opportunities in the United States; other people are interested in accessing a culture exchange or other entertainment opportunity. However, the majority of temporary visas processed and approved each year are visitor visas.

Greco Neyland regularly provides advice on the eligibility requirements for visitors’ visas or explanation on the process and procedure for submitting these visa applications. Our teams of immigration lawyers work to make the visitors’ visa process efficient and stress-free –our goal is to ensure your visit to the United States begins exactly as planned.

What Are Visitor Visas?

Similar to other non-immigration visas, such as student and spousal visas, a visitor visa is provided for a limited duration – typically for six months. Unlike these other temporary visas, the timeframe allowed in a visitor visa can vary. The actual duration of a visitor visa is detailed in the I-94 card that is issued when you arrive in the United States.

An immigration officer at the United States reviews you case, application, and approved visitor visa. This officer is tasked with the ability to shorten or lengthen the stay of a visitor visa. After review, the officer provides the I-94 card, also called an Arrival/Departure Record. It is this document that will state the allowed duration of your stay.

Most visitors to the United States require a visitor visa to enter the country, but not all. Tourism, business, and transit visitors from 38 specified countries can enter the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Entry under the VWP is for a maximum 90 days. Confirmation of your ability to enter the U.S. on a visa waiver can be discussed with a L.A. immigration attorney before your intended arrival.

Are You Eligible?

Foreign nationals from most countries are eligible for a visitor visa to the United States. Executive orders from the President of the United States, laws passed by the United States Congress, and decisions by United States courts can alter or affect the foreign nationals eligible for visitor visas to the United States.


Visitor Visa Category: Eligibility Requirements:
B-1 Provided to foreign nationals for business purposes. Business under the B-1 visa is different than employment or work in the United States. Business includes meeting with business associates, attend an industry, scientific, professional, or education conference, or negotiation of a contract. Typically valid for six months.
B-2 Provided for tourism and general travel. The B-1 visa is applicable to tourism, vacation and holidays, visiting friends or family in the U.S., attendance at social events and charity events, participation in amateur performances and athletic events, and short-course of study that is not applicable to a degree program.
VWP (Visa Waiver Program) Short-term admittance to the United States for tourism or business purposes – up to six months – for foreign nationals from the following 38 countries: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom
Canadian Citizens Most Canadian citizens do not require a visa to enter the United States. There are a few exceptions – such as government officials entering the United States for an assignment and investors – these and spousal circumstances should be discussed with a U.S. immigration attorney.


Was your visitor visa denied because for lack of documentation or inaccuracies?

Los Angeles Immigration Lawyers

Greco Neyland is excited to provide visitors to the United States advice on obtaining a visa for tourism or business purposes. Our lawyers counsel on appropriate documentation and application paperwork for visitor visas, employment visas, student visas, as well as, applications for permanent residency, asylum, and naturalization in the United States.

Our first step is to understand your specific circumstances and needs – then our experienced immigration attorneys outline the best path to visiting the United States, including extension of your current visitor visa. Your path to a holiday or family visit in the United States will be less stressful and far more efficient with our competent attorneys providing assistance along the way.

We are L.A.’s visitor visa lawyers, and we are here to help.


Get Your Free Consultation

Please enter your name.
Please enter a valid email.
Please enter a valid phone number.
Please enter a message.

Our Practice Areas

Let Greco Neyland Help You Today!

Areas Served

Greco Neyland is proud to serve the following communities